POLARIS 800 Snowmobile Engine Durability Kits
- This “FIX KIT” / “DURABILITY KIT” provides an answer to the piston failures that occur in the POLARIS 800 engine.
- The main reason why the piston fails is because there is too much piston clearance causing the piston to become unsecured and rock in the cylinder bore. When the piston rocks, it scrapes and detaches the oil residue off the cylinder wall. The loose pistons then start to damage the cylinder, pistons and rings. In addition this “piston slap” also causes a sharp edge on the piston and both the piston and cylinder skirts begin to deteriorate. As this damage occurs the engine starts losing compression and having “bog” problems, the situation gets worse as the motor will not idle correctly and is unable to reach reverse. The engine will exhibit some of these red ﬂags and fail in time or just suddenly break.
- This “FIX KIT” / “DURABILITY KIT” has been created to stop the “piston slap” problem. With the addition of a cylinder shim, the piston’s height increases, which eliminates the “piston rock” that is so prevalent in the Polaris 800 engines. This Kit narrows the cylinder clearance and improves the engine’s durability that also increases compression and power.
- The “FIX KIT” is compatible with most aftermarket products as it does not change the functionality of the engine much from original equipment. Proper tuning checks should be made by a competent engine tuner.
- 2- CUSTOM WISECO PISTONS W/RINGS, PINS, AND CIRCLIPS
- 1- STEEL ZINC PLATED CYLINDER SHIM
- 8- LONGER CYLINDER BOLTS
- 2- LONGER DOWEL PINS
- 1- BASE GASKET