Original Gold Ice Screws / Studs
Weekend warrior or professional racer looking for exceptional ice traction, the original Gold ice racing screws are a staple for ice riders across North America. Don't want to invest the time and money into full race set up, try screwing the shorter 1/2" or 5/8" length screws into the lugs. For the serious racer who can't risk the screws pulling out during a race, we advise using the 1-1/2" with a tire liner. When using the longer studs we also sell a factory lined Mitas Ice King tire to make things easier. Studs also make a nice alternative to chains for plowing or other winter activity with your ATV, UTV or bike.
***Make sure lug height is sufficient to keep screw from penetrating the tire, longer studs that penetrate the tire require a liner or special tire***
- Available lengths 1/2", 5/8", 7/8" & 1-1/2"
- 1/2", 5/8", 7/8" sold in a package of 1000
- 1-1/2" sold in a package of 500
- Deep groove head design for the serious racer
- Large shank with coarse threads helps prevent screws from pulling out
- Heat-treated for long, sharp head life
- Gold coarse thread screws are designed to decrease pull-out from tires
- 1/4” head diameter
- 3/16" head height
- Made in the USA, AMA approved